On Saturday 21st June, the Ferroli Fancies – aka Karon, Kayleigh, Helen and Kelly – will be taking part in the 10 miles Pink Ribbon Walk at Chatsworth, Derbyshire, to raise money for the Breast Cancer Care charity. Karon, one of our Customer Service Advisors, explains here why she has taken on the challenge and why she is asking for your support.
In July I will be celebrating my 50th birthday, an age that one of my very best friends Theresa never reached. This year will be the 10th anniversary of Theresa losing her battle with breast cancer and the 10th anniversary of Breast Cancer Care pink ribbon walks.
So in remembrance of Theresa and to support Breast Cancer Care – and not forgetting to celebrate my 50th – I have taken it upon myself with the support of my friends and colleagues Kayleigh, Helen and Kelly, to take part in the 10 miles Pink Ribbon Walk around Chatsworth on Saturday 21st June. The walk is a personal challenge for myself to prove that 50 will be the new 40 and that my laps around the warehouse during my lunch break have not been a waste of time.
We would very much appreciate any donation you can make and you are more than welcome to come along on the day to support and join us for a picnic (and a drink or two!) following the walk in the beautiful surroundings of Chatsworth.
Below are a few examples of how the money we raise will support someone fighting their battle with breast cancer:
- £2 provides a suitable headscarf for a woman who has lost her hair during treatment.
- £5 provides a comprehensive, easy-to-understand information pack for someone newly diagnosed with breast cancer.
- £10 teaches someone how to be breast aware for life at a local workshop.
- £25 trains and supports a member of BCC’s Nursing Network for a year to help improve the care of people with breast cancer.
- £50 pays for a personal HeadStrong appointment to help women prepare for the possibility of losing their hair from chemotherapy by providing practical support and information.
- £100 pays for four calls to our confidential Helpline so people with questions or concerns about breast cancer or breast health can get support from our expert team.
If you would like to donate please visit our Just Giving page http://www.justgiving.com/FerroliFancies
Thank you for any donation you feel able to make, we very much appreciate your support,
Karon, Kayleigh, Helen & Kelly