Click here to download a PDF version of the Manufacturer’s Warranty Terms & Conditions
Ferroli Ltd Warranty Overview and Guidelines
These Warranty guidelines provide an overview of the Ferroli Warranty which is offered to Customers who have purchased their Ferroli Ltd Appliances (“Appliances”) within the United Kingdom* and who have registered their Warranty as stipulated by Ferroli. It is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights.
These guidelines are subject to and must be read in conjunction with the Ferroli Ltd Warranty Terms and Conditions overleaf. If there is any conflict between these guidelines and the Ferroli Warranty Terms and Conditions, then the terms take precedence over these guidelines.
What you need to do in order to keep your Warranty valid:
1. Retain your proof of purchase and keep it in a safe place;
2. Make sure a competent Gas Safe registered installer completes the installation of your Appliance;
3. Make sure that the Benchmark Gas Boiler System Commissioning Checklist has been completed by the installer at the time of installation and is available on site at all times;
4. Register the Appliance with Us within 30 days of installation;
5. Make sure you or the installer registers the Appliance with Building Control via Gas Safe etc.;
6. Use the Appliance in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and only for domestic purposes;
7. Have the Appliance serviced every 12 months from the date of installation by a competent Gas Safe approved engineer (and ensure that the Service Record is kept up to date and available on site at all times).
What you should not do as it will invalidate your Warranty:
1. Do not have the Appliance installed and commissioned otherwise than in accordance with relevant standards and laws;
2. Do not move the Appliance without obtaining Ferroli authorisation in writing;
3. Do not attempt any repair yourself or interfere, tamper or remove any parts of the Appliance;
4. Do not have any repair or replacement carried out by a third party who has not been authorised in writing by Ferroli to undertake the replacement or repair;
5. Do not use, or let anyone else use spare or replacement parts which are not genuine Ferroli items;
6. Do not install the Appliance with either single or multiple products in a non-residential settings for which this Appliance was not designed;
7. Do not connect other fittings or accessories to the Appliance which We have not approved.
Ferroli Ltd Warranty Terms & Conditions
This Warranty is offered to Consumers who have purchased their Ferroli Ltd
Appliances within the United Kingdom* Northern Ireland and Eire and who have
registered their Warranty as stipulated by Ferroli Ltd. It is in addition to, and does
not affect, your statutory rights.
Any Appliance which requires repair must be accompanied by a contact name,
address and daytime telephone number. If this information is not provided, Ferroli
may not be able to effect any repair within the timescales referred to in this
Warranty. It is in your best interests to make a note of your Appliance model and
serial number which should be quoted in any communications with Ferroli.
Ferroli will endeavour to ensure that the time it takes to rectify a manufacturing fault,
after being notified, is kept to a minimum. Ferroli cannot accept any liability, nor pay
any compensation for periods of time in which you are unable to operate your boiler
and/or heating system. Furthermore, any customer specific settings may be lost
during the course of any repair.
1. Ferroli (We, Our, Us) guarantees this Appliance (excluding ancillary products
consumables such as, but not limited to, radiators, pipework, regulators, thermostats,
valves and other consumables defined by Us) to be in good working order during the
period of Warranty. The period of warranty is the period stated on your warranty card
and commences on the date of which the new Appliance is installed and certified by a
Gas Safe approved heating engineer. In the event that the Appliance is not in good working
order due to manufacturer’s fault, Ferroli will provide, during the Warranty period,
replacement parts and labour. The Warranty is strictly subject to proof of purchase,
service history (if appliance is over 12 months old) and Benchmark Gas Boiler System
Commissioning Checklists being provided.
2. The services within this Warranty consists of (at Ferroli’s discretion) either repair or
replacement of parts proved to be faulty from manufacture, that will be provided on an
exchange basis and will either be new, equivalent to new or re-conditioned. All replaced
spare parts shall become the property of Ferroli. The Warranty for replacement parts
ends when the Warranty of the Appliance expires. This Warranty does not cover the
costs of the annual service or serviceable items including ignition, ionisation electrodes
3. Ferroli will provide its services in the majority of cases on an “on site” basis. In
exceptional cases however, We do reserve the right to repair Appliances at Ferroli UK offices.
Where we provide a repair on a “return to base” basis, any costs of secure transportation
of the Appliance to and from the Ferroli service centre will be borne by You.
4. A pre-authorisation deposit is required to attend an in-warranty fault, which will be
reserved within your account and returned in full providing Our engineer is able to gain
access to the Appliance at the agreed appointment time, that a genuine manufacturing
fault is identified and the correct documentation is available for Our engineer to see.
5. Ferroli’s only obligation under this Warranty is the provision of a repair as set out
above. Where there is no evidence of the Warranty having been registered with Ferroli Ltd
within the stated time period then assistance will only be provided on a chargeable basis.
6. Repairs cannot be provided on a bank or public holiday, or on a Saturday or Sunday
unless otherwise agreed. Repairs will usually be carried out during normal working hours.
7. Unless agreed in writing, the Warranty will not apply: (a) if you have not used, stored
or handled the Appliance properly and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
or if you are in breach of the terms of this Warranty, or have not followed Our instructions
in the Appliance manual; or because of damage or defect due to wilful neglect or
negligence by anyone other than Us; (b) to loss of quality, degradation of performance
or actual damage that results from the use of spare parts or other replaceable items (such
as consumables) that are neither made nor recommended by Ferroli; (c) to a loss of
quality, degradation of performance or damage that results from the installation of, damage
to, or modification to the Appliance and or ancillary goods connected to and forming the
heating system of which our Appliance forms part, by someone else other than Our
representatives or because of damage that results from changes required by you or a
third party; (d) to damage that results from your connection of other fittings or accessories
to the Appliance which We have not approved or your connection of other equipment or
software not approved by Us; (e) because of external causes outside Our control which
shall include accident, fire disaster or theft or attempted theft; (f) because of faults caused
by shock or fall, sand, dust, dirt, damp or corrosion, repair or servicing by unauthorised
personnel; (g) to any malfunction or specific requirement of any other item of hardware,
or software which you have linked to the Appliance in respect of items not included in
the terms and conditions; (h) to correct errors in any non-Ferroli proprietary software or
other software not provided by Us; (i) if there is a subsequent failure of any additional
parts due to an unreported initial fault; (j) to damage caused by your attachment of the
Appliance to other goods not approved by Us or because you have made changes to the
Appliance in a manner not approved by Us; (k) if you have not had the Appliance installed
and commissioned in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and current gas and
building regulations (including flushing the system effectively and adding the prescribed
corrosion inhibitor); (l) if you have not correctly registered your Warranty within 30 days
of installation or because your Appliance has not been registered with Building Control
via Gas Safe etc.; (m) because the Benchmark Gas Boiler System Commissioning
Checklist has not been completed at the time of installation by the Gas Safe registered
installer and made available to Ferroli Ltd upon request; (n) to any damages from frost,
stray currents or a lack of protection from atmospheric discharges; (o) to cover cleaning
and routine maintenance; (p) to any operation to access the Appliance (such as
dismantling furniture, roof scaffolding etc.); (q) to any maintenance tasks such as
re-pressurising the system, bleeding excess system pressure, resetting the Appliance and
thawing frozen condensate pipes; (r) if you fail to have your Appliance serviced every
12 months following the date of installation by a Gas Safe registered engineer and provide
evidence of this to Our engineer; (s) if you have had the Appliance installed with either
single or multiple appliances in a non-domestic setting for which this Appliance was not
designed; (t) if the data badge has been removed or defaced; and (u) if you have
otherwise not followed Our reasonable instructions or advice.
8. You must ensure that the proper provision of the services by Ferroli Ltd under this
Warranty will not directly or indirectly damage your property (including ancillary products
connected to the Appliance) or otherwise cause you direct or indirect damage or loss and
Ferroli will not be responsible for: (a) checking as to the likelihood of such damage or
loss occurring prior to providing or during provision of the repair under this Warranty;
and (b) any such damage or loss that may occur. You should take all reasonable
precautions to safeguard your assets and property (including all ancillary goods/products
and belongings within the vicinity of the Appliance) to minimise potential loss or
disruption, including, where appropriate, removing belongings within the vicinity of the
Appliance and notifying Us in advance of any visit to your property of any special
requirements or instructions.
9. Ferroli’s arrangements for providing repairs under this Warranty may include the use
10. Nothing in this Warranty shall have the effect of restricting or excluding the liability
of Ferroli in respect of: (a) death and personal injury caused by the negligence of Ferroli,
or for fraud; (b) under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to a person who has suffered
damage caused by a defective Appliance or to a dependent or relative of such a person;
(c) direct damage to your property caused by the proven negligence of Ferroli (subject to
your compliance with clause 8 above).
11.As far as the law allows, we will not be responsible for the following: (a) loss of income
(including any time taken off work whilst awaiting for an engineer to attend the Appliance),
profits (actual or anticipated), contracts or for any other business related loss; (b) indirect
or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused; (c) compensation for loss of heating
or the use of the Appliance; (d) Any failures caused by an inadequate supply of electricity,
gas or water to either the Appliance or to the property in which the Appliance has been
installed; (e) Any damage to the Appliance caused by hard water scale deposits and / or
aggressive water resulting from corrosion; (f) user errors including the Appliance operating
in summer mode, external controls and room thermostats; and (g) the cost of any repair
not authorised and carried out by Ferroli.
12. This Warranty is offered subject to these terms and conditions which may change
from time to time. You can find the latest version on our website ferroli.sansfrontiereconcepts.co.uk.
This Warranty is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights.
13. Ferroli may disclose your details and other personal information to other companies
within the Ferroli group (including any subsidiary company or subcontractor of Ferroli)
and third parties for the purposes of performing Our obligations hereunder.
14. Ferroli may disclose your details and other personal information to any subsidiary
company of Ours or third parties for the purpose of market research or direct marketing
of other (Ferroli) products and services. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing
information from Us or Our third parties, please ensure you have marked the appropriate
box on the Warranty registration form.
15. You must not resell outside the UK any Appliance supplied by Ferroli and covered by
the Export of Goods (Control) Order 1992 (or any law that replaces it) without obtaining
all necessary licenses. You also agree not to sell the Appliance in the UK if you know or
think that the person buying the Appliance intends to export it without getting the
necessary licenses. You agree to impose similar conditions to these on anyone you sell
the Appliance to.
16. This Warranty shall commence from installation date of the appliance as recorded
in the Benchmark Gas Boiler System Commissioning Checklist. Without proof of purchase
or if the Benchmark Checklist has not been completed, We will determine the installation
date from the boiler serial number.
17. These conditions shall in all respect be governed and construed in accordance with
English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
*Including Isle of Man, Isle of Wight & Anglesey